After each eye ãsana, relax by performing a. Palming, b. Facial Massage and c. Yogic Blink.
a. Yogic Blink:
- Take a deep breath in.
- Slowly breathing out through the center of your lips, open your eyes 1 mm wide and close. Take another deep breath in.
- Slowly breathing out through the center of your lips, open your eyes 2 mm wide and close.
- Take a full breath in and while slowly breathing out, try to keep your eyes open. Now, proceed to next ãsana.
- Widen eyes. Hold. Relax.
- Slowly roll eyes extreme up, then down, then to a horizontal level. Relax.
- Slowly roll eyes to extreme right, then left, and return to center. Relax.
- Slowly roll eyes to top right, down left, center. Relax.
- Slowly roll eyes to top left, down right, center. Relax.
- Move eyes slowly in clockwise direction, then counter-clockwise then to center. Relax.
- Hold your arms at shoulder level in front of you facing each other, making a light fist, thumb pointing to the sky. Keep looking with your left eye at left thumb and with your right eye at your right thumb for few seconds. Slowly without blinking or moving eyes, take your thumbs to the sides (at shoulder level), until they go out of site. Wiggle your thumb when it is out of sight. Slowly return your thumbs to original positions. Relax.
- Hang a tennis ball at eye level.
- Push the ball away from you; step back and follow the movement of the ball with your eyes.
- Push the ball to your left; step back and follow the movement of the ball with your eyes.
- Holding the thumb at eye level, gaze at the ball and an object 30 feet away, in the same direction, alternately.
- Keep your eyes closed. Repeat each action 3 times, while slowly breathing out through the center of your lips to relieve the tension in facial muscles.
- Close eyes and breathe out from the center of lips.
- With the middle three fingers of both hands, massage the center of your eyebrows and work toward the temples.
- Massage your forehead in similar way, starting from the center to the top of the temples.
- Then massage your temples from top downward.
- Gently make tapping motion with your fingertips over lower base of both eyeball sockets from the center outward.
- Massage the nasal bridge with your middle fingers on each side, starting from the top toward the bottom of the bridge.
- Now massage the upper lip starting from the center to outward.
- Massage cheeks from top downward, covering them with your entire palms.
- Press your chin between thumb and fingers.
- Finally massage upper throat from base of your ears towards base of your throat.
- Close your eyes gently.
- Cover eyes with your palms in such a way that the cup of the palm covers the center of the eyeball, but without touching the eye.
- Breathe in slowly, becoming aware of the cool, soothing energy in the eyes.
b. Facial Massage: