Sit in a comfortable position with back straight, neck vertical, eyes closed and eye level horizontal. Sit in Gnàna Mudrà: Place both hands on the knees with palms facing the sky. Let the tips of the index finger and thumb touch each other to make a perfect circle. The other fingers should be together and extended.
1. Inhale gracefully through the nose and exhale through the center of mouth very, very slowly. Repeat three times.
2. Repeat step no. 1 above, but during exhalation, mentally pronounce A U M thereby breaking exhalation into four equal parts, A U M and silence.
3. Please refer to the figure below. Gracefully let the tips of the first and the second fingers delicately touch the center of eyebrows. Enjoy the touch. Create a millimeter gap between fingertips and forehead. Develop contact between the fingertips and forehead and enjoy the travel of nerve impulse. Repeat this three times.
4. Let the thumb rest on the right side of the nasal bridge with the ring finger half an inch above the left side of the nasal bridge.
5. Chandra Bhedan Prànàyàma - Lunar channel breathing: Inhale through the left nostril. Without holding breath, exhale through the same nostril. Repeat this three times.
6. Slide the ring finger on the left side of the nasal bridge and slide the thumb half an inch above the right side of the nasal bridge.
7. Surya Bhedan Prànàyàma - Solar channel breathing: Inhale through the right nostril. Without holding breath, exhale through the same nostril. Repeat this three times.
8. Nàdi Shodhan Prànàyàma - Alternate nostril breathing: Inhale through the right nostril, close right, open left and exhale. Inhale from left nostril, close left, open right and exhale. Repeat this three times.
9. Gracefully bring the palm on knee in Gnàna Mudrà. Repeat step number 1.
10. Mentally (not physically) repeat steps number 3 through 9.
11. Inhale gracefully through the nose and exhale through the center of mouth very, very slowly. During exhalation, mentally chant A U M followed by the silence.
12. Enjoy the truth (Sat).Enjoy the consciousness (Chit). Enjoy the bliss (Ànand). Enjoy the silence.
13. End this session with a prayer for peace.
(Listen to Shànti Pàth).